Super Bowl Live
The Armoury, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Video capture and distribution, Mobile TV truck handling iMag and broadcast of celebrity video game challenges
Sports Festival + Live Concert Producer
7 days of live events, 7,000 spectators per night, 60 in-venue TVs, giant LED screens, -30-degree weather and work alongside NEP mobile trucks
Our client hired MESH to assist in producing the Super Bowl’s official live festival concert. The event included a 4-day series of daily concerts by Pink, Imagine Dragons, Jennifer Lopez and P-Diddy. Our deliverables included the mobile TV truck, video footage capture and distribution to in-venue LED walls as well as to over 60 in-venue TVs.
- Ensure equipment and crew safety between truck and venue in -30 degree weather
- Consult on the creation of a cable path through concrete and standard walls for cables to reach the stage
- Troubleshoot new signal distribution system to ensure video distribution to more than 60 televisions was operational
- Source, transport and organize temporary work visas for eight out-of-country crew members
- Accommodate last-minute venue change for the “tailgate party” (due to extreme cold weather) by working around the clock to reset the venue for event broadcasting
- Arranging an advance site visit to pre-plan event logistics allowed us to foresee and mitigate some of the logistical challenges
- Using pictures, video and CAD plans to map and scale our infrastructure layout alerted us to the need to consult on having several holes bored into concrete walls to facilitate running up to thirty 500-foot camera and fibre optic cables into the venue
- Supplying TV truck, engineered cameras, POV cameras, wireless cameras, wireless communications and video game transmission
We delivered all of the shows without a hitch, the crew worked well together and our client was very happy both with the production and with our ability to overcome all of the challenges. Our ongoing, repeat business with this client is the highest praise for us!